Martial has informed Rangnick of his decision to leave Old Trafford.
Manchester United coach Ralf Rangnick has stated that Anthony Martial remains part of his plans so long as there are no clubs interested in acquiring the services of the Frenchman. Martial who has spent seven years at the club has told United’s hierarchy that he intends to start a new adventure by January 2022, a decision he has also communicated to Rangnick.
However, Rangnick confirmed the French international’s desire to leave during the winter transfer window but is adamant about letting the 26-year-old go due to tight fixtures alongside the impact of COVID-19 on the team.
“We spoke at length on Wednesday,’’ Rangnick revealed.
“He explained to me he’s been at Manchester United now for the last seven years and he feels it’s the right time for a change, to go somewhere else
“I think in a way this is understandable, I could follow his thoughts but on the other hand, it’s also important to see the situation of the club.
“We have COVID times, we have three competitions in which we still have high ambitions and want to be as successful as we can be.’’
Despite reports linking Martial with a move to Sevilla, Barcelona or Juventus, Rangnick said there are no offers yet for the French forward and insisted on keeping his services.
“I told him listen, as long as there is no club showing interest in him, and it should not only be in the interest of the player it should also be in the interest of the club.
“So far, as far as I know, there has been no offer from any other club and as long as this is the case he will stay.’’
Following the summer acquisition of Cristiano Ronaldo, Martial has found himself down the pecking order in first-team selections this season. He has made just two starts in the Premier League this season and four starts in all competitions so far.
Featured Image Source: Stretty News